Monday, May 7, 2012

Work OOTD and Bahama Breeze!

Hey Dolls,


I am sooo happy that my curly hair is back!  I prefer my hair to be full-o-body!!  The bigger the better!  It's so weird because I use to LOVE rocking the straight hair...I guess things change when you get older.  Here's another work OOTD!  


Here are the FABULOUS Chinese Laundry Snakeskin Wedges that inspired my outfit!
DSCN8552
I knew I wanted to wear these shoes today but didn't know what to wear them with.  Here's what I came up with.
DSCN8548
I love this top!  It's by a company called the Grass Clothing Collection.  I have a few items of clothing by them and I love them because they're unique, figure flattering, and comfy!  Read more about them here.
DSCN8546
These earrings are thrifted.
DSCN8556
The slacks are by Bandolino and I rolled a cuff in the bottom so I could show off the wedges.
DSCN8553
The bow ring is from my mommy, bracelets are from various stores, and my necklace was a gift from my friend Belle.  I believe she got it from Macy's.
DSCN8554


I had a great time this weekend.  My friend and I wanted to go to Cantina Laredo on Saturday to enjoy some Mexican cuisine in honor of Cinco de Mayo but this is what we ran into on our way.....
There was a block party or something going on!  We maneuvered our way to the door and was told there was a 5 hour wait!!!!  Excuse me???!!!?!?!?  Neither of us were willing to wait that long so we decided on Bahama Breeze Island Grille up the street and our wait was only 25 minutes.  
I've been here quite a few times and the food is always amazing!  This time was no different.
Here's what we had:
Buttermilk Fried Chicken!  I had this beautiful and deliciously sinful dish adorned with crispy, flavorful fried chicken breast, creamy mashed potatoes with spinach and cheese, and a blend of corn,black beans, tomatoes, and onions.  This dish is one of their best sellers and you can see why.  It is definitely as good as it looks!

My friend had this Cilantro Crema Chicken!  I recommended it because I know she loves cilantro and it's also one of their best selling dishes.  As you can see it comes with 2 grilled chicken breasts, creamy mashed potatoes and corn, and the yummy cilantro creama!  She loved the crema so much they had to bring out more 3 times!  
Bahama Breeze on Urbanspoon

Next time you're in the mood for some fabulous caribbean-style cuisine, please consider Bahama Breeze! They never disappoint!

I'll be back soon!
~Trice

30 comments:

  1. Those shoes are cute, cute, cute! Love the wedge heel.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those wedges. I need to go check those out asap!

    www.juicycarter.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hair and the top are super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the hair and those shoes are FAB!

    Stay beautiful!*Smooches*
    Nique

    www.chubbydivaonadime.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun! Love those shoes and that top looks great with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your hair and the shoes you can have them over NOW!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a fab look! I love the top and the wedges! Now on to Bahama Breeze that is one of my fav places of all time. Inexpensive and tasty..I always get the Buttermilk Fried chicken..thebomb.com...Trice, now I'm supposed to be eating "healthy" and you've tempted me to make a quick run to bahama breeze..smh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Girl, isnt that chicken off the chain? Go ahead and have yourself a cheat day!

      Delete
  8. No restaurant is worth a five hour wait! I'm with you, I love the big hair.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this look Trice and your hair looks beautiful either curly or straight! I've not been to bahama breeze in years, but that place is awesome. We need one in the City!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everytime you do a food review I want to come back to Jacksonville. Or maybe I need to explore what Charleston has to offer. And you look great as usual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks doll! Im sure Charleston has plenty of good eats!

      Delete
  11. you just inspired me to roll my pants too, i had some shoes that i needed to show off! lol. love the look and the food...yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Girl I LOVE that too and those wedges are FIYAH! Bahama Breeze is one of my favorite restaurants. I usually get the Buttermilk chicken or just get an appetizer as my meal!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That top is absolutely beautiful!

    ~Tavia
    www.ninetofly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your outfit is sheer perfection! I love the shoes so much.

    *Erin

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the total look; head to toe..including the hair!
    Love Love Love the wedges.
    -Sonya

    ReplyDelete
  16. First off, a 5 hour wait?! Exkowze me?! haha Who was it that was playing making them that important for people to wait so long? At least you followed it up with yummy food.
    And those shoes!! Trice, they're amazing and you styled it simply but chic. I can only imagine how you can style them with a pretty dress for a night out on the town!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your wedges are really cute and so is your hair! I really like the outfit as well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm in love with those wedges (although I've decided to give up on purchasing them...too many in my closet). They add the perfect touch to a classic outfit of a white top and jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those WEDGES are on POINT! You look great... HEAD to TOE!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The shoes, the shoes!!! I am a shoe gurl, so I love these!!! Really cute outfit!!

    I haven't been to Bahama Breeze in years, seeing your pictures remind me that I need to go back!!!


    Carsedra of:

    http://www.embracingtherealme.com/

    http://sweets4yourtooth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those shoes!!!! Where did you get them, DSW? You are so beautiful,mans I love the name of your blog, it's so creative! I'm a new follower! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the shoooes and your top! The white top shows off the waist and that's always a good thing!

    http://thebelatedbloomer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Okay two things:: first of all you look gorgeous! Love your hair :) and i ordered the exact same thing from BB last week with my mom when we went to Memphis to visit and it was soooo good!!

    Chioma
    CsEvolutionofStyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This shoe is beautiful. I've decided to but more wedges for work. I live a good skinny heel but need to add done extra support to be on my feet with the students all day. Love how you styled them.the top is very flattering on you as are three jeans. You always have the best food pictures!

    ReplyDelete