Tuesday, January 8, 2013

No Heels & The Maple Street Biscuit Company

Hey Lovelies!

I recently picked up this really pretty peplum sweater from H&M!  I think the looked would've been a bit more polished with heels, but you know what.....someday's a girl just doesn't feel like it. LOL!  Today was one of those days.  Just focus on the top half of this outfit :).
blueme1_zps7cd2846a
Strangely enough, my supply of flats is quite small so to make my black and white flats work with this look, I added a black and white necklace and earrings!  Nevertheless I got several kudos from my teenage fashionistas at work!

blueme2_zpsd5dee8d5
In other news:  This past Saturday was an absolutely gorgeous day in Jax!  Although it took me until 12pm to get my tail out of bed, I finally decided to throw on some clothes and venture out to San Marco for a little inner city trekking.
biscuit8_zps60fb0b8e

While there, I passed by this restaurant that had a line almost out of the door and that instantly grabbed my attention.  When I saw that the name was Maple Street Biscuit Company, I was SOLD!!!  Anyone who knows me well, knows that I LOVE biscuits so this couldn't be a bad thing!
biscuit2_zps42928fa5
I saw this sign but didn't think much of it until I got inside and placed my order.  Instead of calling your order number, they ask you whatever question is on the board for the day and then call out your answer when your order is ready.  Cool huh?  My answer was "Florence, Italy"!

biscuit10_zps3caf8f5a
The space was pretty cool.  I like how some of the tables were so large that more than one family could fit.
biscuit9_zpsd1f243ec
I don't know about you but, I've never heard of Maple Mustard....well they have it here for $9!
biscuit5_zps61d61b9c
The menu was filled with yummy biscuit treats ranging from "The Garden Bird" a biscuit with fried chicken, collard greens, and hot sauce, to the "The Chicken Club" a biscuit with fried chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, and ranch dressing.  I love Chick Fil A, buttttter ummmm....these chicken biscuits right here........WOW!
biscuit1_zps00aaf2e0
I went with The Sticky Maple:  A delicious fluffy biscuit with tasty fried chicken, pecan wood smoked bacon, drizzled in maple syrup.....I know..........I know....oh the calories.  It was so worth it though because it was soooooo good!!!
biscuit3_zps2906eb04
They also have desserts like pecan pie and these yummy cinnamon pecan biscuits.  I got a cinnamon pecan biscuit to go.  It was very tasty.  I wish I had a cup of joe to enjoy with it.  Next time, I'll try it that way.
biscuit6_zps9e9468b1
Maple Street Biscuit Company on Urbanspoon
Though I enjoyed every morsel of my sticky maple biscuit,(yes, I ate the whole thing) I will eat at The Maple Street Biscuit Company sparingly to conserve my waistline. LOL!  They were a treat nevertheless and I shall return.

That's all for now dolls.
Be back soon.
~Trice

5 comments:

  1. Lovin' that sweater!!! It is funny that you mentioned "more polished with heels" because I have been saying that alot lately to myself and then saying "what the heck" and putting on a flatter shoe. Anyway...you look fabulous with the flats on. :)

    Happy New Year!

    Tavia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh that chicken biscuit looks heavenly!! I love the outfit too, even without the heels...you look great ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the top i hear you sometimes flats is the best option (lol). You look great!

    Check out my fashion blog at www.fashion1psychology.wordpress.com Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you paired the sweater with the necklace. I would have never thought to add a necklace to that kind of sweater but you made it look really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The peplum sweater looks amazing on you! Personally I must say that I love to rock a good flat and you did just that! Cute.
    Myah
    thehappyhealthywholegirl.blogspot.com
    identifemi.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete