Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Cantina Laredo

Hi Dolls!


A couple of my friends were in town last week and we wanted to meet up for dinner and cocktails.  It was a Thursday evening so I recommended Cantina Laredo because on Thursday nights, "Ladies Night", drinks are half priced!

 photo cantina6_zpscf03182b.jpg
With all of that being said, I can't believe I forgot to take a picture of the margaritas we got.  The three of us had 2 of the Casa Ritas!  I enjoyed them although I thought they could have been a little stronger.

Now on to the food....

 photo cantina4_zps5bb0d138.jpg
My friend, Nedra ordered the Tacos de Pescado, Mahi Mahi fish tacos with marinated veggies, queso fresco, and chipotle aoili.  She said they were delicious and I believe her just from looking at the dish itself!
 photo cantina5_zpse4ec3071.jpg
I ordered the Carne Asada, grilled flank steak with marinated onions, chimichurri sauce, mexican rice, and a side of avacado and tomatoes.  I loved it so much I ate the entire thing.....yes.... ALL OF IT!  lol!!!
 photo cantina3_zps10fe819e.jpg
My friend Ebonie ordered the Tampico,  a grilled chicken breast topped with sauteed artichoke hearts, mushrooms, spinach, red bell peppers, and a sour cream-poblano sauce and monterrey jack cheese.  This dish sounded and looked very rich.  She enjoyed it!

After the complimentary chips and salsa, two margaritas, and dinner, we were all pretty stuffed but what is a trip to Cantina Laredo without the Mexican Apple Pie for dessert?!?!?!  
 photo cantina2_zps1252b8bd.jpg
I loved the presentation!  The waitress brought the pie to the table and put it on a hot skillet and it sizzled immediately.  She drizzled it with Mexican brandy butter and it smelled amazing.  Lastly, it was topped with a generous scoop of cinnamon ice cream.
 photo cantina1_zpsc19cc52c.jpg
Cantina Laredo on Urbanspoon
Cantina Laredo on Foodio54

I don't think I want apple pie any other way!  It was so good!  We wobbled out of the restaurant with our bellies ready to pop but good food and good friends make it all worth it!

8 comments:

  1. OMG!!!! This food looks soooo dang gone good!

    Xoxo
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG I just gained 20 pounds looking at all this deliciousness!! It looks soooooo good!How do you keep such a fabulous figure!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I think I did gain a few pounds that night for real! Thank you for the figure compliment! I usually don't eat everything and I run lots!

      Delete
  3. It's looks amazing. I wish there was one close to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, we have a Catina Laredo in Abu Dhabi but it doesn't have all of the items you mentioned.... it's good though. I think I have a few pics on Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this food looks amazing.. Hungry. Lol

    Plz Check out my fashion blog at www.fashion1psychology.com. Thx :-)

    ReplyDelete